A pastime that fascinates people of all ages!
What more fun for anyone than to put on mask, snorkel and fins and float spellbound over the marvels of the underwater world. Where the coral is protected from heavy seas, it grows to some fantastic sizes and provides a home for many species of creatures.
You’ll see brilliantly colored fish flit in and out of spectacular elkhorn and staghorn coral heads, then wind through gently waving fronds of soft coral.
Purple seafans sway gently next to a huge brain coral and you observe all of the teeming marine life of a well-balanced reef ecology. Ask us in your chart briefing and we’ll point out some great spots. Visit ARK (Asssociation of ReefKeepers) to find out more about our reef systems and how to help protect them while you visit.
Top Locations to Snorkel
- The Caves & The Indians, Norman Island
- The Wreck of the RMS Rhone, Salt Island
- Cistern Point, Cooper Island
- The Baths & The Dog Islands, Virgin Gorda
- Monkey Point, Guana Island
- Diamond Cay, Jost Van Dyke